Question about authentication for Google Calendar

Nathanaël Lécaudé

Feb 5, 2015, 11:16:29 AM2/5/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to make the Google Calendar node work.
I followed the instructions and created an app, added credentials.  However, the redirect URI doesn't work because it seems that it needs a top level domain (like .com) to work but my node-red instance is on a local network (with a .local address).
Is there a way to get around this ?

Thanks !

Mark Setrem

Feb 5, 2015, 12:00:08 PM2/5/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried following the instructions that should be being displayed in the config node ?

"It appears you are running on a private IP address that the Google service cannot reach. Please configure the authorized Redirect URIs of your app to include the following url:

http://node-red.example.com:1880/google-credentials/auth/callback

You will need to edit your hosts file and add an entry for node-red.example.com that points to <your local ip address> .

You also need to enable the Google+ API for your new project in the Google Developers Console."

Nathanaël Lécaudé

Feb 5, 2015, 12:41:09 PM2/5/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, since I was using a .local domain (and not an ip address) I guess the node thought I was using a public address, I did not have the exact same message...

Mark Setrem

Feb 5, 2015, 2:12:31 PM2/5/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
Thats why I said "should" ;-)

Could you open an issue on https://github.com/node-red/node-red-web-nodes/issues ?
Explaining that if you use .local you don't see the message?
If you use your local IP address you should.

Nathanaël Lécaudé

Feb 5, 2015, 2:18:24 PM2/5/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
Done !

--
http://nodered.org
---

Mirosław Bagrowski

Dec 11, 2017, 6:58:45 PM12/11/17
to Node-RED
You mean local ip is 192.168.1.190 (in my case) or my wan ip?
I try edit /etc/hosts and add
node-red.example.com    192.168.1.190
or
192.168.1.190        node-red.example.com
and not working.

400. That’s an error.

Error: redirect_uri_mismatch

That’s all we know.