Node - Red Crash

Adrian Brown

May 20, 2015, 3:45:58 AM5/20/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys

Using current version of node-red with leveldb

occasionally get the following error

12 May 07:18:31 - [red] Uncaught Exception:

12 May 07:18:31 - TypeError: Cannot call method 'get' of undefined

    at LevelDBNodeIn.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red-node-leveldb/67-leveldb.js:46:41)

    at LevelDBNodeIn.emit (events.js:95:17)

    at LevelDBNodeIn.Node.receive (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/red/nodes/Node.js:196:10)

    at InjectNode.Node.send (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/red/nodes/Node.js:121:22)

    at InjectNode.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/nodes/core/core/20-inject.js:61:18)

    at InjectNode.emit (events.js:95:17)

    at null.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/nodes/core/core/20-inject.js:37:22)

    at wrapper [as _onTimeout] (timers.js:261:14)

    at Timer.listOnTimeout [as ontimeout] (timers.js:112:15)

Anybody else seen this?

Nicholas O'Leary

May 20, 2015, 4:02:07 AM5/20/15
to Node-RED Mailing LIst
HI Adrian,

looks like there is a timing window where the LevelDBNodes try to use the database connection before it has been connected. Will sort out a fix shortly.

Nick

--
http://nodered.org
---

Adrian Brown

May 20, 2015, 4:23:47 AM5/20/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
many thanks

Dave C-J

May 21, 2015, 7:41:40 AM5/21/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
npm updated... fix pushed...  now warns if db not yet open....

Adrian Brown

May 21, 2015, 8:18:08 AM5/21/15
to node-red
many thanks you guys are super fast.

just as a side note I work for the Australian Bureau of Meteorology and we think Node-Red has a great future in our tech stack great work guys

On 21 May 2015 at 21:41, Dave C-J <dce...@gmail.com> wrote:
npm updated... fix pushed...  now warns if db not yet open....

--
http://nodered.org
---

Regards
Adrian Brown
0477173894

Dave C-J

May 21, 2015, 9:11:45 AM5/21/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
Adrian

no problem, I actually just changed my mind ;-)...  and re-pushed a slight update - it now reports as an error rather than a warn - so the catch node can be notified if case the flow cares about read or write failures due to not being ready.

Being British we always like use cases to do with weather :-) Would love to see what you guys come up with as and when. It's always gratifying to us to see the wide range of uses people are finding for Node-RED. Do let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Adrian Brown

May 21, 2015, 9:25:11 AM5/21/15
to node-red
will keep you posted - my intention is to make some of out flow public and as we get up to speed even contribute some nodes

cheers​

--
http://nodered.org
---

Shem Jamieson

May 21, 2015, 10:22:33 AM5/21/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
Public flows/nodes for the BOM sound good Adrian, I'm getting weather info from the BOM using Node-red but in a slightly complicated way at the moment, so would be nice to see your streamlined solution.

Julian Knight

May 21, 2015, 11:42:17 AM5/21/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
How true! You can never have enough weather feeds! I have 4 or 5 already going into my home hub :)

Can't think of a way to use an Ozzy feed to help with my Sheffield weather forecasting though I'm afraid :)

On Thursday, 21 May 2015 14:11:45 UTC+1, Dave C-J wrote:
Adrian

Dave C-J

May 21, 2015, 1:15:48 PM5/21/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
Julian - indeed ! ... maybe only as a stark counterpoint....