Node-RED IoT Project

Amar Dhillon

Aug 28, 2016, 4:19:30 AM8/28/16
to Node-RED
Hi Everyone,

We're looking for a dedicated development team to help us build a part of our IoT ecosystem using node-RED.

I will just give a quick summary about what we are trying to create and then will articulate our scope of works. Currently we have built mobile apps that enables users to search, configure and control our devices (switches, sensors and modules) for control via our embedded OS Zigbee Gateway. Users can login & connect directly to our gateway if they are on the local network and through our web service if the users are in a remote location.

On top of this, we want to control and communicate with third party devices & services directly through our web service with Node-RED, therefore creating an IoT ecosystem. Users will then be able to connect their home full with deep integrations to other products and devices, machine learning, data analytics and a rules engine.

We can give you more details of the project if your team is interested. You can either reply back on this thread or send an e-mail to in...@auluxa.com, and we can setup a call with our CTO for further discussion.

Dave C-J

Aug 28, 2016, 6:09:12 AM8/28/16
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amar,
do you guys have any doc for the Gateway interface... is it a publically documented API ?

Julian Knight

Aug 28, 2016, 6:44:05 AM8/28/16
to Node-RED
It all looks very smart.

But it would worry me personally that there is absolutely no mention of general system security in your brochure. Given the recent spate of reports concerning the appalling lack of security in most commercial IoT projects, that would put me off straight away.
Message has been deleted

Amar Dhillon

Aug 28, 2016, 6:48:00 AM8/28/16
to Node-RED
Hi Dave,

Thanks for being so helpful,

We do but we'd prefer to only disclose it to teams that are bound by NDA and are interested in working with our team. Its available privately on GitHub.

Amar Dhillon

Aug 28, 2016, 7:18:29 AM8/28/16
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julian

The brochure you're referring to is over a year old and is directed towards consumers that might find general system security a tad bit boring. We plan to have this in our updated spec sheets.

I agree with you that current IoT products are vulnerable to attack and is one of the reasons we've decided against building standalone solutions like door locks, security cameras, and any device that would compromise the safety and privacy of someones home. I share the view that these devices mentioned above should be virtually unhackable.

In reference to general system security, we take it very seriously and will be sharing our solutions with experts that can help us improve and will also develop our own ways to prevent this from happening. I'm planning to host a hackathon for the reason you mentioned above.

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Best,

Amar

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Walter Kraembring

Aug 28, 2016, 8:20:30 AM8/28/16
to Node-RED
Dear Amar, where are you located?
My speciality as professional is requirements & software for physical security systems
Kind regards, Walter

Public Pile
https://se.linkedin.com/in/walter-krämbring-7321786

Amar Dhillon

Aug 28, 2016, 9:38:46 AM8/28/16
to Node-RED
Hi Walter,

Thanks for message, we're based in Hong Kong. Feel free to send us an e-mail.

Best,

Amar

Julian Knight

Aug 28, 2016, 4:11:19 PM8/28/16
to Node-RED
Hi Amar, good response, thanks :-)

Glad to hear it is being taken seriously and it sounds like you are taking sensible measures. I look forward to seeing how you get on both with the security and with the integration of node-red.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.