Projects feature

Vickylatruite

Feb 20, 2018, 5:09:06 AM2/20/18
to Node-RED
Hi, I'm still testing projects feature on node-RED 0.18.3.

First, I have to say that all the git issues I had from the nodeJS docker image are solved with 0.18.3, hurray!

But I have an issue on local changes view: the "/projects/bots/files" requests do not follow the httpAdminRoot property on settings.js.
The only downside is I can't see the nodes that have changed since the last commit.

Vickylatruite

Feb 20, 2018, 5:37:37 AM2/20/18
to Node-RED
I forgot to mention another issue, but I'm not sure if this one is related to projects (but I think this is not an issue I used to have before switching to projects feature):
When running two same node-RED UI instances, if I'm deploying one of them, a popup saying "The server is running a more recent set of flows." appears and suggests to merge on the other ones.
The "Merge" button now fails with
ReferenceError: remoteDiff is not defined

Nick O'Leary

Feb 20, 2018, 6:03:54 PM2/20/18
to Node-RED Mailing List
Hi Vicky

thanks for reporting - both now fixed in git. Will be doing 0.18.4 later this week.

Nick

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Vickylatruite

Feb 23, 2018, 9:27:29 AM2/23/18
to Node-RED
I have to say that you're fast!

By the way, I'm wondering how the projects may be handled in my use case.
I have 3 Node-RED instances in production based on their purpose (I'm using them to prototype some experimental stuff, so it's not yet a critical production environment).
The 3 instances are communicating with each others in real time.

I have the feeling that projects could in some way merge these instances in one.
Or maybe in two: an instance to develop my flows, and the second one to run the prototypes ready for demonstrations.

But in my understanding:
- I can only run one project at a time
- The projects should be used only in a development environment

In fact, i'm wondering how people handle multi-projects in the current state.

On 20 February 2018 at 02:37, Vickylatruite <vikla...@gmail.com> wrote:
I forgot to mention another issue, but I'm not sure if this one is related to projects (but I think this is not an issue I used to have before switching to projects feature):
When running two same node-RED UI instances, if I'm deploying one of them, a popup saying "The server is running a more recent set of flows." appears and suggests to merge on the other ones.
The "Merge" button now fails with
ReferenceError: remoteDiff is not defined

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

iurly

Apr 4, 2018, 5:32:08 PM4/4/18
to Node-RED
Hi Vicky,

did you make any progress on this topic?
I'm was also wondering what the best practices are...

Thanks!

Vickylatruite

Apr 6, 2018, 8:33:15 AM4/6/18
to Node-RED
Hi,

I'm still running several Node-RED instances with one project per instance.
I think my use didn't change so much with projects feature enabled.
I mostly switched from some flows I did from custom git nodes to the native versioning (that IS much more convenient!), but that's all!
I didn't find out use cases where I could use more than one projects in one instance, so I'm still looking for best practices or at least some feedback ;)