heads up for packaging, npm v3 is on its way

Edward Vielmetti

Jul 5, 2015, 7:44:49 PM7/5/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
It's worthwhile noting for Node-RED that there's changes afoot to npm, as described here

The npm@3 release is beta software for now but when it does go to mainstream release it will have a bunch of packaging and (importantly) dependency-chasing implications, and it'd be worth watching this for understanding its impact on Node-RED because you are at some point dependent on a lot of modules.

thanks

Ed

Nicholas O'Leary

Jul 5, 2015, 7:47:52 PM7/5/15
to node...@googlegroups.com

Indeed - we are watching this one. Particularly looking forward to the flattened package hierarchy; we already hit path length issues on windows due to the current npm module layout.
Nick

--
http://nodered.org
---