Storage API & Firebase

Mika Koskiola

May 21, 2015, 2:43:02 AM5/21/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

First of all i have to say that the Node-RED is superb!

We know that the Storage API provides a pluggable way to configure where the Node-RED runtime stores data (flow configuration, flow credentials etc). By default, Node-RED uses a local file-system implementation of this API. What we would need in one of our projects is a Firebase storage plugin which would obviously store all the data in a Firebase.

Is there someone who would like to build the storage plugin for $? We have few specific needs but nothing too fancy (Heroku Config Vars for example). I think we can use the mongostorage.js as a reference from the node-red-bluemix wrapper (https://github.com/node-red/node-red-bluemix/blob/master/public/app/mongostorage.js).

- Mika