Use of TCP Request Node

Aaron Neal

Aug 27, 2015, 6:58:44 AM8/27/15
to Node-RED
I am using a TCP request node to receive data from a network device.

This works fine and I am using the "sit and wait for data" option i.e. return = "never. keep connection open".

I can communicate with the device perfectly, when all is O.K.

However, if I disconnect the device once node-red has connected (i.e. unplug it from the network), I cannot seem to work out how to get this as an event e.g. Timeout or TCP disconnected.

My only idea is to use a delay node on all sent messages to check for a timeout situation using sent time and delay time.

Any help appreciated, Aaron

Dave C-J

Aug 27, 2015, 2:37:33 PM8/27/15
to node...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Indeed.... Does the status underneath reflect the connection OK ? If so hold that thought... We are in process of working on a status node that will expose all these to the flow.