Re: [node-red] newbie - error installing node module, perhaps missing from repository?

Nicholas O'Leary

May 19, 2015, 6:10:12 AM5/19/15
to Node-RED Mailing LIst
Hi Eric,

the command you are running:

  1. root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# npm install –prefix /home/pi/node-red node-red-contrib-bean

is missing a '-' before "prefix" - it should be "--prefix", so it is treating /home/pi/node-red as the name of a package to install, rather than an install location.

Nick

On 19 May 2015 at 03:43, Eric <ericm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I'm totally new to Node-RED.  I installed node.js and node-red on a Raspberry Pi using latest Raspbian image.  Node-RED runs fine, I can go to the web page and see it working.

When I try to install my first node module, I get an error.

npm ERR! addLocal Could not install /home/pi/node-red
npm ERR! Error: ENOENT, open '/home/pi/node-red/package.json'

There is a error log.  Here's the complete paste of what I did and the error log.

From the log, it looks like the module is missing from the repository?  See line 54 of the pastebin link.

http 404 https://registry.npmjs.org/%E2%80%93prefix

Is that what's going on?  Not sure if the error is on my end or something wrong with the repository.

Thanks!

--
http://nodered.org
---