pcDuino and Node-Red

Kurt Roesener

Jul 4, 2015, 8:38:01 PM7/4/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
I have used Node-Red on a RasPi and I just got a pcDuino and wonder what it takes OR if it's possible to run NR on a pcDuino.
I haven't tried yet, but I would like some input first.

Thank You!

Kurt

Adrian Brown

Jul 4, 2015, 10:05:59 PM7/4/15
to node-red
Should be no problems Kurt.
I have it running on an Arietta G25 (400 MhZ Atmel with 256 Meg Mem and it works fine) way less power than the PcDuino

I am pretty sure that the johnny five library has a pcduino driver so you could use the johnny five node for GPIO management

Cheers
Adrian

--
http://nodered.org
---

Regards
Adrian Brown
0477173894

Kurt Roesener

Jul 4, 2015, 10:43:56 PM7/4/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
Could/should I use the RasPi instructions for the pcDuino?
If so, model 1 or 2?

Kurt

Adrian Brown

Jul 4, 2015, 11:05:54 PM7/4/15
to node-red
In the case of the Arietta G25 I installed Node.js and NPM. (i am sure you will be able to find a pcdunio tutorial on installing node.js and npm)

Then I  installed Node-Red via NPM.

When running Node-Red I used PM2 with ​memory argument (just like the RPI)

Cheers
Adrian

--
http://nodered.org
---

Franklin Dattein

Jul 5, 2015, 7:56:28 PM7/5/15
to node...@googlegroups.com
I run it on a couple versions of PCDuino. The only challenge is to get node to install properly.
Also, you won't be able to use some nodes custom made for rpi, like the ones using the 1wire file system, for example. Nothing major.

The issue isn't pcduino itself, but their custom ubuntu images, which aren't as well mantained as RPI or odroid ones..

Manuel Betancurt

Mar 23, 2016, 9:41:34 AM3/23/16
to Node-RED
Hi did you manage to run Node-Red on pcduino,
I have all installed, NR is running, I tried with jhonny five module, but cant see a "nodebot" for pcduino, how to run please?

Franklin S. Dattein

Mar 23, 2016, 7:18:24 PM3/23/16
to Node-RED
There should be npm errors when you installed it. If you can paste them here, it is easier for us to help.

Most problems are todo with npm libraries that use native code and do not compile properly, like serialPort. Serialport is used by pretty much all Arduino based libraries, like jfive and nodebot. It is likely the nodebot library doesn't set the correct compilation flags, when building the native part of the library for the pcduino.

Anyway, if it is an one off build, you will save money and time moving to a more popular platform, like the RPI.

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---