how connect pool detects bad connection and remove it

jerry he

May 9, 2016, 2:55:24 PM5/9/16
to node-mysql
This question is mainly for felixge.

I use node js mysql connection pool to create a number of connections. Most of time the system work fine. Occcationally I see system has some issue. So my questions are:

(1) is there any api to check when a connection in the pool is bad/got stuck and subject to be removed?

(2) is there any api to check how many connections are active in the pool?

(3) when a query with connection got stuck, will node js continue to server or wait there forever?

Thanks
Jerry

Felix Geisendörfer

May 12, 2016, 7:39:16 AM5/12/16
to node-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jerry,

the connection pool was contributed, I’m not the original developer of it, nor did I end up using it (I’ve moved from Node.js to Go).

Perhaps you’ll have better luck reposting your question as a GH issue.

Cheers
Felix