LARGETEXT field retreival mystery

Rob Meijer

May 12, 2015, 6:27:51 AM5/12/15
to node-...@googlegroups.com
I've got a database with a table that has a field of the type LARGETEXT. Upto a few MB in size node-mysql handles everything just fine.
When however a single order of magnitude larger, it seems as if I only get a tiny (a few dozen characters) random fragment out of the larger field back from node-mysql.

I'm using the node (0.6.19) and node-mysql (2.0.0-alpha8) versions that come with Ubuntu 14.04.

Has anyone else seen this issue? And if so, is there a way for me to fix this?

For me it would at this moment be sufficient if I could get things to work with text sizes of up-to maybe 64M or 128M or so.

Rob

Andrey Sidorov

May 12, 2015, 9:12:11 AM5/12/15
to node-...@googlegroups.com
Both node and node-mysql versions you have are pretty ancient. Can you try node-mysql from master or latest npm and see if problem persist?