Use single connection pool for cluster vs multiple connection pool for each child process

gihan karunarathne

May 6, 2014, 2:40:45 AM5/6/14
to node-mong...@googlegroups.com
Hi devs:

I'm implementing a nodejs server which is using mongodb as database and mongodb-native library to connect it.

Further, I'm using clustering to enhance the server performances. So there are two possible ways to use mongodb-native driver's connection pooling;
  1. Create a single connection pool and pass it to the child process when creating them
  2. After a child process created, creates a connection pool internally
So,  my question is, what's the best methods among two of them? Or is there any other good method to do so?

Thank you in advance !.

Sneha Sudge

Aug 6, 2014, 5:24:43 AM8/6/14
to node-mong...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gihan,

Did you get your problem solved? I need solution for the same problem. If you have found a solution to this please can you share it with me.

Thanks!!