Still get LNK2001 errormessages (unresolved ... JNI_CreateJavaVM) after uninstalling Java8 SDK 64bit

Richard Bollinger

Dec 14, 2015, 2:57:29 PM12/14/15
to node-java
I had both 32 and 64 bit JDK's. Uninstalled the latter.

npm install -g node-gyp went OK

I installed WDK ok. Also, python 2.10. Added explicit path to jvm.lib in a VS 2013 project.

What else can I do?

Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Richard Bollinger

Dec 14, 2015, 4:49:42 PM12/14/15
to node-java
Forgot to attach log file.

Rick
npm-debug.log

Richard Bollinger

Dec 14, 2015, 5:33:57 PM12/14/15
to node-java
And, list of installed programs and versions.

Thanks,

Rick
installed.txt

Richard Bollinger

Dec 15, 2015, 11:05:51 AM12/15/15
to node-java
Well, I put a copy of jvm.lib anywhere MSBUILD or VCBUILD might look for it. It is hard to understand why it is not found to resolve JNI_CreateJavaVM. I added the path to THE path and on the environment path for a Visual Studio project.

I am dead in the water at this point. The README is out of date. Versions for required software should likely be revisited and updated.

I am doing everything open source. It was disappointing to have to reinstall Visual Studio again and the WDK, et cetera. Is there a chance that someone could compile the required modules for Windows and provide for their installation instead of having to recreate the development environment and compiling everything.

But, as long as I have rebuilt the environment I would certainly appreciate knowing how to compile and install this wonderful technology. It is a valuable addition to the open source community.

Thanks,

Rick