issues developing the android app, mainly maps and search query.

spoto...@gmail.com

May 14, 2013, 5:33:41 AM5/14/13
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am Madhur Kumaria, I am developing the android app using titanium mobile Sdk 2.X with backend ACS cloud services. I am facing the following issue while developing app

1) I want to implement the Google map in my project. I checked the titanium 2.x map Documentation I found Titanium.Map it is depreciated. I try titanium 3.0.2 SDK to implement the GOOGLE map V2 api with include ti.map module in it. By doing this it simple my app is crashed, Then I able to find bug that is ti.map module not supported in 3.0.2 sdk Then I install 3.1.4GA SDK in titanium studio and integrate , with all stuff create SHA1 key and created Google map v2 api key. When I run My app, it showing blank while screen with ( +/- ) button on the screen on map screen

2) Secondly, As I know to run Google Map in my app I should shift to 3.1.4 GA. but it not support TAB-GROUP at bottom on android screen, this 3.1.4 GA SDK always android on top for android screen.

3) Third , is from ACS cloud Service regarding search and query section. I want to fetch the data using “$regex” condition but it is not working well for me, in return the provide me the false data.

4) Camera is not working properly i.e. crash many times. Ratio of working is 6/10

F.Y.I. i am working on 3.1.0 GA sdk it written by mistake, actually i start with 2.1.4GA in that Ti.map is depreciated due to Google V1 map api is closed. Then i shifted to 3.0.2 GA sdk for Google map api. it is also not working. then in end shifted to 3.1.0 GA sdk , When I run My app, it showing blank while screen with ( +/- ) button on the screen on map screen

Thank you,

Please respond to each issue.

Davide Cassenti

May 15, 2013, 7:51:09 AM5/15/13
to node...@googlegroups.com, spoto...@gmail.com
Hello,

Would it be possible to see some source code? That would help understanding better what is going on.

Some more answers inline below:

> 1) I want to implement the Google map in my project. I checked the titanium 2.x map Documentation I found Titanium.Map it is depreciated. I try titanium 3.0.2 SDK to implement the GOOGLE map V2 api with include ti.map module in it. By doing this it simple my app is crashed, Then I able to find bug that is ti.map module not supported in 3.0.2 sdk Then I install 3.1.4GA SDK in titanium studio and integrate , with all stuff create SHA1 key and created Google map v2 api key. When I run My app, it showing blank while screen with ( +/- ) button on the screen on map screen

Are you using a development key? How did you create it?

> 2) Secondly, As I know to run Google Map in my app I should shift to 3.1.4 GA. but it not support TAB-GROUP at bottom on android screen, this 3.1.4 GA SDK always android on top for android screen.

The bar is hardcoded, and cannot be moved on bottom. The reason is to keep a consistent experience to the users, and it is not recommended to move it by Android guidelines. See more information here: https://jira.appcelerator.org/browse/TIMOB-12220

> 3) Third , is from ACS cloud Service regarding search and query section. I want to fetch the data using “$regex” condition but it is not working well for me, in return the provide me the false data.

Can you provide the code you are using for that? And what are you trying to achieve exactly?

> 4) Camera is not working properly i.e. crash many times. Ratio of working is 6/10

Also for this, I would need to see some code. Are you testing on which device(s)?

Let me know any additional information you can provide.

Thank you

--
Davide