[ NNSquad ] T-Mobile Will Let Customers Stream HBO, Netflix and ESPN Without Racking Up Data Charges ... but not YouTube

Lauren Weinstein

Nov 10, 2015, 5:00:55 PM11/10/15
to nns...@nnsquad.org
T-Mobile Will Let Customers Stream HBO, Netflix and ESPN Without Racking Up Data Charges ... but not YouTube

http://recode.net/2015/11/10/t-mobile-announces-free-video-streaming/

The nation's third-largest wireless carrier, looking to
gain competitive advantage over rivals Sprint, AT&T and Verizon,
is giving customers the ability to stream videos on their
smartphones and tablets without generating data charges.
Subscribers can choose among popular streaming services
including Netflix, HBO Now, HBO Go, Watch ESPN, Fox Sports and
Hulu. Notable omissions from the list include YouTube, the
world's biggest video site, and Facebook and Snapchat, which
have both made big pushes into video in the last year. "Video
streams free," T-Mobile CEO John Legere said Tuesday. "Binge on.
Start watching your shows, stop watching your data." Legere's
offer applies to customers who pay for at least 3 GB of data a
month ... Notable omissions from the list include YouTube, the
world's biggest video site, and Facebook and Snapchat, which
have both made big pushes into video in the last year.

- - -

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): http://www.vortex.com/lauren
Founder:
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800 / Skype: vortex.com
I have consulted to Google, but I am not currently doing so.
My opinions expressed here are mine alone.