Looking for NLTK to play nice with Visual Basic

Mark Broomer

Aug 21, 2016, 4:18:30 PM8/21/16
to nltk-users
Is there anyway I can use python and NLTK outputs so I can feed that output into visual basic and then work with an attractive GUI like metroframework.? We are trying Ironpython but it is not looking good.

Alex Rudnick

Aug 22, 2016, 1:47:26 PM8/22/16
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mark,

The particularities of Visual Basic aside, this is a really general
problem in programming -- you've got to get two pieces to communicate,
but you can't easily have them call each other or share data
structures.

Some things you could try:
- have the Python/NLTK part write its output to a file, then read that
file in on the VB side. (you could try json or yaml or XML or whatever
is easy for you to read from your VB program)
- RPC -- use XMLRPC or GRPC or similar, and have the Python side act
as a server, so the VB can make requests of it.

Sorry for the delay in responding! Maybe you already figured something out :)
> --

-- alexr

Mark Broomer

Dec 17, 2016, 2:51:05 PM12/17/16
to nltk-users
Sorry for the late reply to your generous help....I am new to the forums and lost my link. we have implemented your suggestions....thank you very much....again sorry for dropping the ball. Thank you.