NLTK Data downloading is temporarily down

alvations

Jul 27, 2017, 7:05:44 AM7/27/17
to nltk-users
Dear NLTK Users and Community,

As some of you might have experienced, the NLTK data download mechanism is currently down.

According to Github, this is caused by "a number of machines making huge number of requests to the nltk_data repository (https://github.com/nltk/nltk_data), and it doesn't appear to be slowing/stopping."

While we find an alternative solution to distribute the data/models, we ask for your cooperation to help check your automated build scripts and stop the nltk_data downloading steps temporarily.

For the time being, please avoid re-downloading the nltk_data repository. We suggest that you map the nltk_data to a local directory when running automated build/tests.

We thank you for your support for using it and we hope to resolve this issue promptly and improve it to better!

Best Regards,
Liling

alvations

Jul 27, 2017, 7:10:08 AM7/27/17