Code Guidance on Machine Learning

Richard Parker

Aug 4, 2015, 12:57:25 AM8/4/15
to nltk-users
Dear Group,

I am a bit new in Machine Learning, and I tried to understand the subject mostly on my own.
NLTK has always been a great tool for me.

I am trying to cross check how much I have learnt.

I am looking for some project which are implemented in full and available in web so that I can cross check
what I have not done. I am preferably looking for Naive Bayes implementation in Python, but it may be
other algorithms and other languages also.

If you have any other suggestion please let me know.

If any one of the esteemed members may kindly help me.

Regards,
Subhabrata Banerjee.

Denzil Correa

Aug 4, 2015, 4:20:01 AM8/4/15
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
Check the blog by Jacob Perkins.

--
Sent from a mobile device. Pardon the typos, brevity.

Richard Parker

Aug 4, 2015, 3:27:54 PM8/4/15
to nltk-users
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind reply. I check his blog and read his book. Jacob Perkins personally suggested me I am going more or less
fine, but few days back some external expert asked me how I was selecting feature and saving the model. I was doing it but I was
in a draw to recollect I was doing them unknowingly. It became a matter of embarrassment.  How may I avoid issues like these?

If you may kindly suggest.

Regards,
Subhabrata Banerjee.

Denzil Correa

Aug 4, 2015, 4:10:01 PM8/4/15
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
I don't quite understand your question. Look at sklearn for more ML algorithms.

--
Sent from a mobile device. Pardon the typos, brevity.

Richard Parker

Aug 4, 2015, 11:38:57 PM8/4/15
to nltk-users
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind suggestion. I am sorry if I could not express the problem.

I am trying to implement some machine learning algorithms.
I took generally review of my implementations from good number people.
They kindly said I am going more or less fine.

Some people tried to inquire few aspects of my ML coding.
I failed to answer them-though I am implementing them.

I do not know which part is important and which one is not.
So giving importance to non-important parts than important steps.

I am looking for a good and complete implementation of a Machine Learning
code. I may look at it, and check my things what are the things I am not
doing, and improve. Or if I send my code with comments and ask an expert
if I am not doing anything.

Please suggest as you may kindly feel.

Regards,
Subhabrata Banerjee.

Denzil Correa

Aug 5, 2015, 3:50:46 AM8/5/15
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
Check sklearn for ML algorithm implementation. Beyond that, you need to check out ML courses - offline or online.

Unfortunately, this isn't the right mailing list.

--
Sent from a mobile device. Pardon the typos, brevity.

Richard Parker

Aug 5, 2015, 8:07:56 AM8/5/15
to nltk-users
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind reply.
Yes, I am looking for a complete implementation example. I hope scikit learn site will help me.
I am looking also for a good online or off line tutor to check my things.

I am trying to work out I live in Delhi India.

Let me see if any one in this group may be able to give me some personal tutoring.

Regards,
Subhabrata Banerjee.

Pedro Marcal

Aug 5, 2015, 11:52:03 AM8/5/15
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Subhabrata,
This is probably not the group to raise the question of machine learning. There are two places you can go to follow machine learning. They use different technologies.
[1] The neural network lab at the U. Montreal.
[2] John Laird's Group on Cognitive systems at U. Michigan, google SOAR.
Regards,
Pedro Marcal

Sander Stepanov

Aug 5, 2015, 2:45:26 PM8/5/15
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
pls help find
example for
with Bayesian classifier working with characters trigrams

and
 vectorizer.transform()
??

Richard Parker

Aug 17, 2015, 8:56:31 AM8/17/15
to nltk-users
Dear Group,

Thank you for your kind reply and suggestions. Going through various examples in the web I tried to make a Sentiment Analysis
prototype. I discussed it in my local peer group, they are more or less happy. You are expert in NLTK. I am trying to post the code
to you. If you may kindly suggest if I may improve anything.

Regards,
Subhabrata Banerjee.
Sentiment1.txt

Sander Stepanov