nltk installation error

Lisa Swanstrom

Feb 17, 2018, 3:30:10 AM2/17/18
to nltk-users

I am trying to install nltk on my work computer. I have admin access, but I keep getting the following error. Clearly I am doing something wrong or there is a permission issue I need to resolve, but I am not sure what. I would be grateful for any tips/advice.

Dimitriadis, A. (Alexis)

Feb 17, 2018, 12:11:29 PM2/17/18
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
Unless I'm missing something, the error "Could not create /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/nltk: Permission denied" suggests that whatever command you are using to install the nltk (and you didn't say), it is not running with administrator permissions.

So this seems like a problem with the way you administer your computer--I expect you'll have the same problem if you try to install any other non-standard python module. But if you feel that the problem is nltk-related and need to ask for more help, please include more details, starting with your operating system (looks like OS X to me... but what version?) And please copy-paste the error messages etc. as text, not as a screen grab.

Good luck,

Alexis