Restructuring Sentences

milke...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2015, 7:54:56 PM4/4/15
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What I want to do:
I want to restructure written sentences.

Eg.: "The car belongs to my girlfriend". Here my intention is to classify each group of words via chunking:
 (NP The car)  / ... /  (NP my girlfriend)

and to restructure the sentece like: "(NP My girlfriend) owns (NP the car)" or a better restructuring.

1. Is this approach a clever one or could you suggest a faster way? I mean the sentence structure is not that easy everytime.
2. I'm looking for a chunking tagger that gives me out, which kind of tag each token has. Is there a well trained chunker available out there I can use?
I'd like to receive an output (prefered with IOB Tags) like:

The [B-NP]
car
[I-NP]

Thanks,