What Classifier should I use if I have real-valued association scores to go with the labels?

Jeff Shrager

Jun 5, 2017, 4:54:17 PM6/5/17
to nltk-users
I have positive and negative association scores to go with labels. I can use the n.b. classifier and threshold to only train on high association scores, but would obviously like to use the scores in a more nuanced way.  Can someone guide me to the right way (or an approach, anyway) to doing this? Thanks!

Alex Rudnick

Jun 6, 2017, 3:01:05 PM6/6/17
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jeff,

Could you explain a bit more? What's an association score? Concretely,
what problem are you trying to solve?

Normally when you've got a classification problem, you've got a bunch
of examples of something, and you want to learn to label them ("this
sentence expresses negative sentiment! this document is about dogs!"):
could you describe your situation in terms like that?
> --

-- alexr