sentiment analysis with documents written in Spanish

ASoto

Jul 25, 2013, 3:01:50 AM7/25/13
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am interested on doing sentiment analysis with documents written in Spanish. Could you recommend me some good sentiment analysis lexicon for Spanish?
How can I do POST (Part of Speech Tagging) for Spanish?
Thank you!
regards
Andres Soto

Alex Rudnick

Jul 25, 2013, 1:44:53 PM7/25/13
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Andres,

Not totally sure about sentiment lexica for Spanish, but if you can
find a good corpus of tagged Spanish, you could use the Stanford
Tagger package to train a model, and Stanford Tagger has a good NLTK
interface...

Let us know if you need help finding a tagged Spanish corpus!
> --

-- alexr

Finn Årup Nielsen

Jul 26, 2013, 4:20:33 AM7/26/13
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
Hej Andres,

Regarding Spanish sentiment lexica

I have two Spanish word lists listed here:

http://neuro.imm.dtu.dk/wiki/Sentiment_analysis#Affective_word_lists

SPANEW and the one in LIWC.

For SPANEW see:

http://neuro.imm.dtu.dk/wiki/The_Spanish_adaptation_of_ANEW_%28affective_norms_for_English_words%29

http://link.springer.com/content/esm/art:10.3758/BF03193031/file/MediaObjects/Redondo-BRM-2007.zip

Note the non-commercial restriction (AFAIU).

Alternatively, you could translate my AFINN word list. It has been done
for Icelandic and Danish with sending it through google translate and
then edit the list.

best
Finn �rup Nielsen

ASoto

Jul 26, 2013, 3:43:22 PM7/26/13
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
there is a Spanish corpus in NLTK called CESS-ESP. Do you have some link about training Stanford Tagger?
Today I was just looking at Stanford Tagger but I found nothing about using it to tag Spanish documents. I will look for your idea
Thanks a lot!

ASoto

ASoto

Jul 27, 2013, 1:08:01 PM7/27/13
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
I have just download and translated with Google your word list. I will be checking the translation next week.
I am thinking also on using Wordnet for the translation, but it will take me more time, because of the different (possible) synsets
I'll let you know about my progress
Regards
Andres

On Friday, July 26, 2013 10:20:33 AM UTC+2, Finn Årup Nielsen wrote:
Hej Andres,

Regarding Spanish sentiment lexica

I have two Spanish word lists listed here:

http://neuro.imm.dtu.dk/wiki/Sentiment_analysis#Affective_word_lists

SPANEW and the one in LIWC.

For SPANEW see:

http://neuro.imm.dtu.dk/wiki/The_Spanish_adaptation_of_ANEW_%28affective_norms_for_English_words%29

http://link.springer.com/content/esm/art:10.3758/BF03193031/file/MediaObjects/Redondo-BRM-2007.zip

Note the non-commercial restriction (AFAIU).

Alternatively, you could translate my AFINN word list. It has been done
for Icelandic and Danish with sending it through google translate and
then edit the list.

best
Finn �rup Nielsen

Francis Bond

Jul 27, 2013, 1:23:25 PM7/27/13
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
You could also link sentiwordnet to the spanish wordnet to get a basic
Spanish sentiment lexicon.
--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies

JAGANADH G

Jul 27, 2013, 2:13:05 PM7/27/13
to nltk-users
Hi
Check the CLiPS Pattern project. It provides a basic sentiment analysis

Jagan
--
**********************************
JAGANADH G

ASoto

Jul 28, 2013, 4:02:32 PM7/28/13
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your advice!. I just looked at CLiPS Pattern project and it seems promising
regards
Andres

ASoto

Jul 28, 2013, 4:10:36 PM7/28/13
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
yes, I am thinking about doing that
Thanks
regards

Alex Newby

Jul 28, 2013, 7:59:09 PM7/28/13
to nltk-...@googlegroups.com
It might be a good idea to look at FreeLing for Spanish POST. It has a Python API. I used this to create a simple interface for tagging. I did this in a Linux VM, though. If you're bound to Windows, you might prefer the Stanford tagger.

 I'm interested in adapting my interface to be compatible with NLTK's Stanford interface.

Alex

Fatima Mirza

Nov 16, 2016, 3:13:23 PM11/16/16
to nltk-users
Which platform did you use and were you successful in doing so?