Updates on NLC Victoria

Nonzahriyah Adun

Oct 25, 2007, 12:54:07 PM10/25/07
to nlc-victo...@googlegroups.com, Mohit, rny...@yahoo.com, oss.di...@monsupeninsula.org.au, OSS.Di...@monsucaulfield.org.au
Hey guys!

How are exam preparations going?! Any luck?!

It's 2am now and I'm typing this email about NLC. I SooooOooo need a life! Anyway, back to the main purpose of this email: -

Here are a few updates & questions about what's happening State & National Level (basically State issues)

1. VicFun

I have received some submissions for the articles in VicFun, which are really good. Don't forget that the deadline for the articles are by 31st October 2007.
If you can't send all at once, at least send 1 so that we can work on something. Attached to the email is the list of items each campus is responsible for.
For those of you who did not attend the previous State meeting @ Uni of Melb ( VU, LaTrobe, RMIT & Monash Peninsula),
kindly pick something from the following asap & let me know which one you want to do.
- Advice on purchasing Uni Books
- Getting over homesickness
- OSHC
- Nichtclubs

Don't forget that each campus has to submit a listing of "Hot Spots for Food" around their campus.

If any of you would like to add in more topics or articles, feel free to do so!

I also need the MINIMUM number of copies each campus would like NLC to print for them. Currently these are the stats:
1 La Trobe ???
2 Monash Berwick 300
3 Monash Caulfield 1000
4 Monash Clayton 1500
5 Monash Peninsula ???
6 RMIT Bundoora ???
7 RMIT City ???
9 Uni of Melbourne 1000
10 Victoria University ???

Total 4800

At the moment, I am targeting to print 12 000 copies of the booklet. The rest of the copies would be distributed to other channels of distribution like TAFE institutions, etc.

2. NLC ISO President Summit

NLC National will be organising an ISO President Summit for all ISO Presidents. The summit will be held in Victoria (oh yes, how boring!! Believe me, both Dolores & I tried to vote it to another state but it seems Victoria is the best!) Anyway, there is a voting going on about what weekend would be best for all ISOs.
The weekends that we have picked are:
1st Choice: 7-9 March 2008
2nd Choice: 29 Feb - 2 March 2008
I pick the 1st one because I think it's better to do it then cause of Orietntation & stuff!~
So let me know asap which date you prefer as well.

At the moment, the choice of location will be somewhere in Mornington Peninsula OR Philip Island.

3. Brochure from the Department of Justice

Since we will not know if our next State meeting will be face-to-face or online, I will be mailing out a brochure that the Department of Justice wants me to urgently send it to you guys. It is basically regarding the Victim Support Agency that they have. It lets you know about the services they offer and how international students can access this services. I will update you more about this meeting in my next report.

That's it from me now! Good luck for your exams! Thanks to those who turned up for the AIEC conference in early October!
And hope to be hearing from you soon!~

--
Nonzahriyah Adun
Victoria Branch Convenor