Nieuw offshoreradio museum geopend

nico

Mar 17, 2014, 10:56:42 AM3/17/14
Hallo iedereen. Op http://www.offshoreradio.de/newsflash.htm en dan iets naar beneden scrollen staat nu dit te lezen: Nico.

NEW OFFSHORE RADIO MUSEUM LAUNCHED
A new Museum dedicated to recording and preserving the history of offshore radio has now opened its First Phase. The Offshore Radio Museum is a web-based virtual museum housed in an imaginary 'former dockside warehouse' and can be found at http://www.offshoreradiomuseum.co.uk
The Offshore Radio Museum's objective is to create a comprehensive online resource dedicated to preserving the history of offshore radio (and television) and make it available for education, research, social and general interest use.
Offshore radio historian, Mike Leonard, said ' This facility is long overdue - a single source of information about every offshore station which broadcast anywhere in the world. Anyone wanting to recall the good times they had listening to the stations, or find out about their history and the people behind them, can visit the Museum and discover something new.'
'It's 50 years this year since Radio Caroline and other offshore stations started broadcasting to Britain, so it's an appropriate time to launch a Museum dedicated to recording their history and the substantial influence they had on radio broadcasting. There is no doubt that the offshore stations, not just in Britain, but elsewhere triggered a revolution in radio broadcasting, breaking state monopolies and giving listeners a real choice of entertainment.'
As well as British stations such as Radio Caroline, Radio London, Radio 390, Radio England etc. the Museum has galleries covering the history of ship-based stations in Scandinavia, The Netherlands, Belgium, Israel, New Zealand, America and other parts of the world. There are also galleries focussing on specific aspects of offshore broadcasting history such as the ships which housed the stations, the jingles they used and even offshore television.
Phase 1 of the Museum is now open - and there is plenty more to come. Being a web-based virtual museum the Offshore Radio Museum is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year - so why not pay a visit today - http://www.offshoreradiomuseum.co.uk For further enquiries about the Offshore Radio Museum Email
orm(at)offshoreradiomuseum.co.uk

nico

Dec 15, 2014, 1:37:42 PM12/15/14
...op http://www.offshoreradio.de/newsflash.htm staat nu dit te lezen: Nico.

Sunday December 14th 2014

Mike Leonard writing:

MUSEUM DEVELOPMENTS IN 2015

The Offshore Radio Museum has announced some exciting development plans for 2015.

Museum Director, Mike Leonard said, " When we opened in March2014 we had the basic structure of the Museum in place and since then we have been busy adding more content to the Galleries. Our first focus has been the British offshore stations of the 1960's where we have added lots more information, pictures, memorabilia , press cuttings, audio and video clips. We still have a huge archive of material to sort through and add to the Museum, so the process of upgrading all the other Galleries to the same stage will be on-going throughout 2015."

Even more expansion of the Museum is also planned for 2015, including the opening of at least two new Galleries before the end of March, with more to follow later in the year. Visitors will also start to notice improvements to the navigation links helping them to move around the Museum and a more concise presentation of stories in the Museum News Room.

Mike continued "As well as these developments we are also launching two new initiatives to enhance The Mast cyber cafe on the Ground Floor. Visitors can already take a break from the Galleries in The Mast and (while they have a cup of coffee) share their memories via our email or Facebook links, but we are planning to introduce some more interactive facilities.

We will be launching Anorak - a 'swap, sell and wants' newssheet which offshore radio fans can use to advertise items they might want to swap, sell or would like to add to their collection. Also we will be launching our Partner Sites initiative - featuring links to other offshore radio related sites who have helped the Museum with information or by allowing the use of pictures and audio clips. The links to these sites will be available in The Mast from the Extras Menu Board."

Visitor numbers to the Museum have been very encouraging since its launch and we are anticipating that we will exceed our first year target estimate. Visitors are always encouraged to return on a regular basis because so much material is being added all the time - our Facebook page carries first news of the latest additions and updates - so 'like' us and be first to receive these information alerts.

Enjoy your visits in 2015 - http://www.offshoreradiomuseum.co.uk. Remember - we are open 24/7 and admission is free !!!