nitrogen elements, actions and plugins repository

Franklin Brauning

Oct 25, 2016, 1:10:50 PM10/25/16
to Nitrogen Project / The Nitrogen Web Framework for Erlang
Where or who has a list of usable plugins.

The framework is pretty tailored to being extended but I fail to see where are those plugins.

I guess it lacks a central repository or maybe not repository but a defacto portal to review and discuss about
content made by users.

I could provide my custom actions and elements and custom code in plugins.... I'm pretty sure
every other nitrogen user has several of those too. So why not share that?

ll...@writersglen.com

Oct 25, 2016, 1:43:56 PM10/25/16
to nitro...@googlegroups.com, Nitrogen Project / The Nitrogen Web Framework for Erlang
Good question and great idea.

Any thoughts on how best to create and manage the repository?

LRP

Franklin Brauning

Oct 25, 2016, 2:27:38 PM10/25/16
to Nitrogen Project / The Nitrogen Web Framework for Erlang
I was thinking of something like this

https://djangopackages.org/

but with redish style instead of greenish :)

That site provides: categories of packages, comparison of packages in a category and
                             the package itself.
                        Its just reviews of packages and links to homepage and repos

Jesse Gumm

Oct 25, 2016, 3:39:22 PM10/25/16
to nitrogenweb
Hello Franklin,

Sorry for making it so hard to find the plugins - I need to make that show up more front-and-center on the Nitrogenproject.com homepage.

There is a small repository, maintained as a github wiki page.  The number of plugins is pretty small, admittedly, but I keep putting out new ones here and again for things that don't necessarily belong in Nitrogen mainline.

I find that a lot of folks make custom elements and actions for their applications, but in general, make them so specialized to their application that in many cases, it doesn't make sense to push them as plugins.

There is also the NitrogenElements repository (goes all the way back to Nitrogen's first year, but was updated a few years ago), which I plan to take each element used in there and convert it individually into a plugin.

Nitrogen Elements Repo on Github: https://github.com/RomanShestakov/nitrogen_elements

That's largely it for plugins.  If anyone has any to add or contribute, I certainly encourage doing so.

Thanks for the question, and I hope that helps,

-Jesse

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nitrogenweb.

Jesse Gumm
Owner, Sigma Star Systems