is it possible to declara a dependency in a plugin?

Franklin Brauning

Nov 4, 2016, 3:39:00 PM11/4/16
to Nitrogen Project / The Nitrogen Web Framework for Erlang
I am making a plugin that uses https://github.com/stuart-thackray/nitrogen_fa (font awesome) plugin.

Right now, I have in the project rebar.config both, my plugin and the nitrogen_fa plugin
but is it possible to have my plugin declare that dependency.

And if it is possible, will it clash if the main project also depends on nitrogen_fa ?

Jesse Gumm

Nov 4, 2016, 3:42:01 PM11/4/16
to nitrogenweb
It is possible, and it would cause no problems.

The only problems you might encounter were if you specifically requested a different tag in each of your repositories.

As an example, I commonly use a dependency that is *only* another list of dependencies: https://github.com/choptastic/sigma_plugins

-Jesse

Jesse Gumm
Owner, Sigma Star Systems
414.940.4866 || sigma-star.com || @jessegumm

Stuart Thackray

Nov 7, 2016, 3:12:37 PM11/7/16
to Nitrogen Project / The Nitrogen Web Framework for Erlang
The only things that I think might clash is the demo pages; which I think were horrible from what I remember (mostly only use rebar3 at the moment).

I find this a very helpful repo actually although simple; as even smallest error in writing the html out manually caused strange issues if any typos.

If you have a github repo that you testing with I would be happy to have a have a look.