Should be nitrogen used to make highly interactive webpages?

Franklin Brauning

Nov 22, 2016, 12:32:41 PM11/22/16
to Nitrogen Project / The Nitrogen Web Framework for Erlang
I've been making a wrapper around a very simple css framework (it is just css, no javascript components)
with the idea of handling the interactiveness from the server.

See, for example, current web frameworks have componens to make sliders, reveals, hoverable content
all by themselves. Those pages tend to have long load times because all the interactivity has to be
embedded in the same html file (cheap hosting servers make that even longer).

Now, I've been testing making some custom widgets to add some nice interactivty to plain html widgets,
animations and stuff, and I can get the same magic, and of course I have much better and scalable
control of the page state.

I mention this, because I have a project which consists of a site for a client and I'm planning to put all these days
learning nitrogen in use and I would like to know how has Nitrogen helped solve real problems and also
provide some superior solutions...

What has been your experience with the framework in the overall? What problems can you now solve easily that
before it was impossible? What downsides have you had? And ultimately, besides nitrogen per se, what's your
stack (frontend primarily)

ll...@writersglen.com

Nov 22, 2016, 2:02:24 PM11/22/16
to nitro...@googlegroups.com, Nitrogen Project / The Nitrogen Web Framework for Erlang
Hi Franklin,

I've been building one. Still much work to release, but so far it's been a delight.

Note that I am not a professional web developer, but Jesse Gumm has been a terrific mentor.

All the best,

Lloyd