Animated GIFs in Nikola

Jim Schmitz

May 8, 2017, 12:13:51 PM5/8/17
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to get an animated GIF to work on my Nikola website.

The file in my images folder animates properly. I can test it by opening it in an image viewer.

The image that ends up in the output directory after running the Nikola build process does not animate when opened in the same image viewer.

The pixel dimensions of both images are identical (500x469) but the file size of the second is much smaller. It seems that the Nikola build process is dropping the animation part of the GIF when it processes the images.

I found an old Nikola thread where someone asked a similar question that suggested uncommenting "MAX_IMAGE_SIZE = 1280" but that didn't fix anything (after a clean build).

Any suggestions for how to proceed?

Thanks!

-Jim

Roberto Alsina

May 8, 2017, 12:15:52 PM5/8/17
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Probably we are stripping all the frames after the 1st one on postprocessing.

Could you put it in your files/ folder instead and check it's not ruined?

Also, please file an issue :-)

Jim Schmitz

May 8, 2017, 12:33:29 PM5/8/17
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
When I put the GIF in the files/ folder I can circumvent the problem. That's a good workaround for now.

New issue:

Thanks!

Roberto Alsina