Add custom code after each post content

Hong Xu

Feb 3, 2015, 3:04:54 PM2/3/15
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I would suggest adding the feature to allow custom code after each post
content, which is useful to add social sharing buttons, but I would like
to discuss it here first.

One possible motivation to do this: according to the mailing list, it
seems a lot of people don't like the default AddThis, and displaying it
across the page seems also intrusive for me. Thus, I modified the post
template of bootstrap3[1] to allow custom code after post content to add
social buttons right after the content, not across the page. I used
expando[2] and you can view the actual effects here[3] (note the end of
the post).

However, I don't think hacking the theme for this tiny objective is
worthy -- it seems to me that it's better to be integrated in the
mainline.

What's your opinion on this?

Hong

[1]: https://github.com/xuhdev/homepage/blob/master/themes/mytheme/templates/post.tmpl#L36