strikeout in rst markup

Gour

Dec 18, 2016, 3:28:35 PM12/18/16
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've a need for strikeout text in some of my posts that I migrate to
Nikola...

I've the following in my post:

.. role:: strike
:class: strike

Here are few things to do:

- :strike:`point which is already done in our `archive
<http://www.example.com/archive/>` which contains mp3 files`

- another point

but that does not work. If I replace the above hyperlink with:

.. archive: http.//www.example.com/archive

and then write item list as:

- :strike:`point which is already done in our archive_ which contains
mp3 files`

then the whole item's text is striked-out, but I lose the hyperlink for
the 'archive'.

Do you have any suggestion in rst for something simple as:

Here are few things to do:

- ~~point which is already done in our [archive]( <http://www.example.com/archive/)
which contains mp3 files~~

- another point

when written in Markdown and rendered as:

<ul>
</ul>

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Not by merely abstaining from work can one achieve freedom
from reaction, nor by renunciation alone can one attain perfection.

Aru Sahni

Dec 18, 2016, 5:31:03 PM12/18/16
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com

I wrote a plugin that might help: https://plugins.getnikola.com/#html_roles

Gour

Dec 19, 2016, 2:34:56 AM12/19/16
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 22:30:51 +0000
Aru Sahni <arus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote a plugin that might help:
> https://plugins.getnikola.com/#html_roles

Thanks! It does help to put 'normal' text in del/ins, but the problem is
that the included text contains reference and docutils complains with:

Mismatch: both interpreted text role prefix and reference suffix.

It seems that the easiest solution is to simply write such posts using
markdown...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A self-realized man has no purpose to fulfill in the discharge
of his prescribed duties, nor has he any reason not to perform