ipython support and theme

Matteo Parsani

Jan 25, 2015, 10:32:00 PM1/25/15
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
I am creating my own custom theme for Nikola. While reading the documentation I found the following thing:

Currently Nikola supports reStructuredText, Markdown, IPython Notebooks, HTML as input, can also use Pandoc for conversion, and has support for BBCode, CreoleWiki, txt2tags, Textile and more via plugins.

Now I have a question that could be very silly. From the sentence above it seems that Nikola supports ipython by default and independently of the theme used. Thus, why in thelisy of themes given at  http://themes.getnikola.com/ there is the need to sepcify (in the name) ipython??

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Chris Warrick

Jan 26, 2015, 4:24:15 AM1/26/15
to Nikola—Discuss
The ipython themes include all the CSS required to make the notebook look good.

If you want to use ipython notebooks, you must copy the CSS files
added in by the ipython theme (ipython.min.css & nikola_ipython.css)
to your own theme and add them to the bundles file.

PGP: 5EAAEA16

Matteo Parsani

Jan 28, 2015, 9:42:20 PM1/28/15
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com