html slug linking

Paarulakan

Nov 12, 2017, 9:53:58 PM11/12/17
to nikola-discuss
I use seamonkey for authoring posts for nikola.  whenever I build the posts via `nikola build` the structure of the page gets disturbed in the output.  The highlighted segment below is part of  the article but get put it into this property list

===
content="https://vanangamudi.github.io/ai-tamil/posts/independent-and-dependent-variable/">
      function(water supplied) y = f(x) ">

      content="2017-11-12T20:00:24+05:30">
'===

I am not sure whether I am having a clean sketon for the html post.   is there any reference html page? and is it possible to keep the slug outside the actual article for html posts, like .rst posts?

Chris Warrick

Nov 13, 2017, 9:46:40 AM11/13/17
to Nikola—Discuss
SeaMonkey’s HTML generator is not great for doing what Nikola needs. A
much better idea is to write Markdown code, because SeaMonkey’s output
is (a) ugly (b) outdated (<font>) (c) often contains things you
shouldn’t have in input files (those should be only <body> content, no
<head>/<meta>/doctype/etc.)

However, this isn’t caused by SeaMonkey. If you don’t provide a
“description” meta field (via the usual comment at the start of your
document), Nikola will automatically take the first few characters of
your text to provide as description. (It seems to be working in a
weird way for your language, no idea why.)

PGP: 5EAAEA16