Trying to fix galleries for the Lanyon theme and need some suggestions.

Mrinal Purohit

Jun 26, 2016, 4:37:40 PM6/26/16
to nikola-discuss
Hey guys,

So I was trying to fix the galleries in the Lanyon theme and was wondering if there is a particular design to follow. Right now I am just picking up parts of bootstrap3 which relate to gallery and incorporating them as required in Lanyon template and stylesheet. So I was wondering if there is a specific guideline/stylesheet to follow or is it up to whoever sends the PR with a working gallery?

Also another query unrelated to the above, when/how do changes for a theme from the GitHub repo make it to the live site and when is it available for use from "nikola install_theme". The reason I ask is, I sent a PR which was merged and the demo page and "nikola install_theme" still don't show the new changes.

Thanks.

Chris Warrick

Jun 27, 2016, 2:48:41 AM6/27/16
to Nikola—Discuss
On 26 June 2016 at 22:37, Mrinal Purohit <mrinal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> So I was trying to fix the galleries in the Lanyon theme and was wondering
> if there is a particular design to follow. Right now I am just picking up
> parts of bootstrap3 which relate to gallery and incorporating them as
> required in Lanyon template and stylesheet. So I was wondering if there is a
> specific guideline/stylesheet to follow or is it up to whoever sends the PR
> with a working gallery?

There isn’t any guideline (yet). The easiest way to do this is to take
whatever we use in bootstrap3 and make it look nicely.

> Also another query unrelated to the above, when/how do changes for a theme
> from the GitHub repo make it to the live site and when is it available for
> use from "nikola install_theme". The reason I ask is, I sent a PR which was
> merged and the demo page and "nikola install_theme" still don't show the new
> changes.

Requires human intervention. I merged #85 and rebuilt the site.
$ nikola theme -i lanyon
should now reflect both changes.

PGP: 5EAAEA16

Mrinal Purohit

Jun 27, 2016, 5:14:31 AM6/27/16
to nikola-discuss
Thanks, I will try to make changes as required and send a PR then.

Yeah, it's up to date now when downloaded. Thanks again.