Local Search Results in new page ?

Baptiste Wicht

Mar 18, 2014, 3:39:38 PM3/18/14
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for this awesome tool that is Nikola. I was looking for static blog generator for a long time and it is the first one I found worth trying.
I'm currently in the process of making a Nikola version of my website and I have a problem with search.

I configured local search with tipue and it works but the location of the search results completely screw my theme :(
I succeeded in moving the search content to a better position, but I failed in making it look good when results are displayed.

Is there a way to display the results on another page ?

Thanks

Roberto Alsina

Mar 20, 2014, 8:07:50 AM3/20/14
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Can't say I've given it much thought. You'll have to do some research :-(

It seems that you could have a separate search page, and have the search form send you there with something like

action='GET' target=search.html and then have some JS in the page that picks up the arguments passed in GET and triggers the search.

Baptiste Wicht

Mar 20, 2014, 8:49:22 AM3/20/14
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the answer :)

I'll check if I can make something easily. Otherwise, I'll probably end up integrating Google Custom Serach which is easy.

Baptiste Wicht, HES-SO University of applied Sciences
My personal website - http://baptiste-wicht.com

Baptiste Wicht

Mar 23, 2014, 7:14:26 AM3/23/14
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
As a matter of fact , it was very simple to configure tipue to put results in another page.

I've added a form for the input box into the header:

                <form action="/stories/search.html">
                </form>

And then just added the div with the results in a story page:

The remaining of the code remains the same (calls to tipuesearch(), links js and css)

And it works :)