Settings for Markdown extensions

Saadat Mateen

Feb 20, 2018, 8:47:07 PM2/20/18
to nikola-discuss
In Nikola, is there a way to configure the settings for a Markdown extension?

For example, the smartypants extension allows overwriting the default smart quotes substitutions via this: https://python-markdown.github.io/extensions/smarty/#summary

Could this be done in Nikola?

Saadat Mateen

Feb 24, 2018, 2:16:55 AM2/24/18
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Gave it some more thought, and here's a follow up.

I have a bilingual (English and Urdu) blog, and while I would want to
override the smart quote substitutions for my Urdu posts, I would like
to use the default ones when writing in English. Same is the case for
other Markdown extensions (such as Footnotes, which lets you set the
backlink text and backlink title, and which I would only like to
override for Urdu posts).

So, could it be possible to configure the settings for Markdown
extensions on a per language basis?

-- Saadat

Roberto Alsina

Feb 24, 2018, 5:30:34 AM2/24/18
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Not currently but it seems a reasonable feature request

Saadat Mateen

Feb 25, 2018, 8:47:01 AM2/25/18
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 3:30 PM, Roberto Alsina <ral...@kde.org> wrote:
> Not currently but it seems a reasonable feature request

Thanks. I have created a feature request on GitHub:
https://github.com/getnikola/nikola/issues/2970

- Saadat