ignore errors in build option?

Dave

Mar 5, 2016, 9:12:43 AM3/5/16
to nikola-discuss
Is there a way to ignore errors during a nikola build?

I had a reason to what to get a site imported into nikola (from wordpress) to replace the existing site quickly.

The import went fine but nikola build would fail

The issues were: "duplicate" tags.

tag one
tag One

As there were 100s of pages with possibly this issue (I fixed the reported issue, build again, a new "duplicate" tag reported. Writing a quick python script forced the meta files to lower case. But if there was an "ignore errors" option, that would have been perfect. I don't care about losing a tag page, here or there I  just want the site to build and get out there.

Then after this issue:

ERROR
: Task generation 'render_site' has duplicated definition of 'redirect:output/blog/index.html'

Strange as there is no reference to "blog" that I could see. Then I noticed it was caused by the
     REDIRECTIONS = #[["blog/new-website/index.html", "/blog/posts/new-website.html"],

The site is at the url

the wordpress posts are:

so as nikola has to put the posts

It would need the redirect, but I think the redirect import has mishandled something, because the site is in a subfolder. The location of the redirect should NOT be in "blog/title", just  "title". Also it tried to create (something like the following)

["blog/index.html", "blog/posts/74/index.html"]
and
["blog/index.html", "blog/posts/489/index.html"]

which was the error. All manually fixable, and perhaps in some instances I would want to, but I would be happy to ignore these and just output the site

Anyway tl;dr
Can I ignore errors and just let nikola continue to build the site as the errors may be something I am happy to live with :)

Roberto Alsina

Mar 5, 2016, 9:47:51 AM3/5/16
to nikola-discuss
"nikola build -c " should do what you want.