New Nikola automated Docker images

Stefano Marinelli

Apr 6, 2018, 5:30:03 AM4/6/18
to nikola-discuss
Hello everybody,
I'd like to announce here that I'm maintaining an automated (so updated quite often) Nikola Docker build. It's updated automatically and some users are actively using it, so it should be following the release schedule quite closely. It's a very simple yet powerful way to test, use and update Nikola.

There are four variants: dragas/nikola (which is the amd64 Debian Stretch build), dragas/nikola:alpine (smaller, the one I use mostly, which is the amd64 Alpine Linux 3.7 build, with Python 3.6. One day it will become the default one), dragas/nikola:dev (based on Alpine 3.7, built starting from the master branch on github, so bleeding edge) and the Raspberry PI variant (actually, a generic ARM one, dragas/rpi-nikola).

Just my two cents to give back something to this beautiful piece of software.

Bye,
Stefano