new posts after github deployment

artdy

Aug 7, 2017, 11:11:43 PM8/7/17
to nikola-discuss
Hi there! I am new to Nikola. I have successfully deployed my site in Github. But I am having problems, what if I want a new post, how can I create a new post? I cannot use the new_post command inside the folder because it shows me error like this:

"This command needs to run inside a Nikola project"

And what if I wanted to add a new gallery to the site and manage it, like adding descriptions on?

I hope someone can help. Thanks.

Chris Warrick

Aug 8, 2017, 6:03:39 AM8/8/17
to Nikola—Discuss
On 8 August 2017 at 05:11, artdy <dyane...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there! I am new to Nikola. I have successfully deployed my site in
> Github. But I am having problems, what if I want a new post, how can I
> create a new post? I cannot use the new_post command inside the folder
> because it shows me error like this:
>
>> "This command needs to run inside a Nikola project"

You need to run Nikola inside the directory that contains `conf.py` —
this is called a Nikola site directory — or a subdirectory of that
directory. Are you on the source branch of your GitHub repository? Are
you inside the site directory?

> And what if I wanted to add a new gallery to the site and manage it, like
> adding descriptions on?

This can be only done by hand right now.

PGP: 5EAAEA16

Dyan Estacio

Aug 9, 2017, 12:20:08 AM8/9/17
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there. Well after i deployed my nikola site on github, conf.py was gone. I am using the master branch. Is that wrong? I followed the setup in the tutorials, used the master, src and origin then deploy.

Dyan Estacio
Programmer

Chris Warrick

Aug 9, 2017, 3:30:55 AM8/9/17
to Nikola—Discuss
On 9 August 2017 at 06:19, Dyan Estacio <dyane...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there. Well after i deployed my nikola site on github, conf.py was gone. I am using the master branch. Is that wrong? I followed the setup in the tutorials, used the master, src and origin then deploy.

git checkout src

Dyan Estacio

Aug 9, 2017, 3:40:11 AM8/9/17
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com