Docbook man page support

Roger Light

Jan 31, 2018, 12:42:06 PM1/31/18
to nikola-discuss
Hello,

I wanted docbook man page support for a site I'm looking at, so I've put together something that is good enough for me but I'm not sure it's good enough to be a general purpose plugin. I thought it might be of interest nevertheless, so I've put a cut down example on github:

https://github.com/ralight/nikola-docbook-manpage

Example output:

http://tmp.atchoo.org/ndbmp/man/mqtt-7.html

Cheers,

Roger

Roberto Alsina

Jan 31, 2018, 12:49:28 PM1/31/18
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
That looks very nice!

Feel free to PR into the plugins repo, I can even give you commit rights so you can just push new versions whenever you want.
The main benefit of putting it there is that it becomes installable via nikola itself.

Roger Light

Jan 31, 2018, 5:00:58 PM1/31/18
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roberto,

That's kind of you but I'm not sure it's robust enough for general
purpose use. I've only really scratched the surface of nikola I don't
understand the details. Could you give any suggestions on whether what
I've done makes sense?

Cheers,

Roger
> Google Groups "nikola-discuss" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/nikola-discuss/8jHXyFWGPTI/unsubscribe.

Roberto Alsina

Jan 31, 2018, 5:06:22 PM1/31/18
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com

Ok I will take a serious look at the code tonight.

Roberto Alsina

Feb 1, 2018, 12:13:39 PM2/1/18
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
I don't see anything obviously wrong with the code, except it has my name on it :-)

Yes, doing that sort of plugin is just that simple.

I would change the author, add a README, perhaps a sample config and upload.

Chris Warrick

Feb 1, 2018, 12:18:14 PM2/1/18
to Nikola—Discuss
On 1 February 2018 at 18:13, Roberto Alsina <ral...@kde.org> wrote:
> I don't see anything obviously wrong with the code, except it has my name on
> it :-)
>
> Yes, doing that sort of plugin is just that simple.
>
> I would change the author, add a README, perhaps a sample config and upload.

Another suggestion: move html.xsl into the plugin directory and use
__file__ to reference it. Here’s an example:

xslpath = os.path.join(os.path.split(__file__)[0], 'html.xsl')

PGP: 5EAAEA16

Roger Light

Feb 3, 2018, 6:31:13 AM2/3/18
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that's a good suggestion.

Cheers,

Roger

Roger Light

Feb 5, 2018, 5:15:42 AM2/5/18
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
On 1 February 2018 at 17:13, Roberto Alsina <ral...@kde.org> wrote:

> I don't see anything obviously wrong with the code, except it has my name on
> it :-)

Well, yes - but it mostly is. There are only about 3-4 lines of my
contribution there, the rest comes from the asciidoc. I'll update it
to be a bit more appropriate.

Cheers,

Roger