projects page; Include md file inside md?

nickt...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2018, 7:14:12 AM1/20/18
to nikola-discuss
I'm trying to build a personal website/blog and I'd like a projects page. Ideally, I'd like to have a projects/ folder containing each project in md format, and like the blog index, it would compile all project mds and create and index showing all the projects. Do you know what the easiest way to achieve this is? I think I could compromise with creating some index.md for my projects, in which I can somehow manually include the individual project mds. I thought that perhaps I could implement some shortcode, but my understanding is that the output generated by the shortcode is not further processed by the markdown processor.

Chris Warrick

Jan 20, 2018, 7:19:48 AM1/20/18
to Nikola—Discuss
> --

You might be interested in my projectpages plugin:
https://plugins.getnikola.com/v7/projectpages/

If it doesn’t suit your needs, you can use the post-list directive and
a custom template: https://getnikola.com/handbook.html#post-list (can
be used from within Markdown as a shortcode)

PGP: 5EAAEA16

nickt...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2018, 7:48:01 AM1/20/18
to nikola-discuss
Thank for the quick reply. I had a look at your plugin and I think it is the best solution. I'll just edit it for my needs.