Proposal: Use nhibernate.info instead of nhforge.org

Oskar Berggren

Nov 27, 2014, 5:50:33 PM11/27/14
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to propose that we rename nhforge.org to nhibernate.info. I think this name is more to the point.

I also propose that as soon as the above is decided, we switch to the new github-hosted site.
We should try to have the nhforge.org domain redirected of course.

The nhibernate.info domain is currently under my control. I don't see any immediate problem with that (for me personally).

/Oskar

Alexander Zaytsev

Nov 27, 2014, 7:15:20 PM11/27/14
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
I support.

We need to have something like http://old.nhforge.org for some time with current version.

Best Regards,
Alexander

--

---

José Henrique (Zote)

Nov 28, 2014, 6:43:56 AM11/28/14
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
It's a good ideia!

If I want to donate some money, or VM in our data center, how can I do that?
Here at Bludata, we think that we should give something back to NHibernate.

--
José Henrique (Zote)
Analista de TI

Ricardo Peres

Oskar Berggren

Nov 29, 2014, 7:45:20 AM11/29/14
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on preparing a static copy of the current wikis.

Oskar Berggren

Dec 14, 2014, 6:58:36 PM12/14/14
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
I'm making some headway on the wikis. The effort required to convert it to Github Wiki is prohibitive, but using some XSLT processing I've managed to clean up and restructure the HTML. I'm completely ignoring the comments and the history, only keeping the latest version. Hopefully I can push this before the upcoming holidays.

My plan is rename the "Reference" link to "Documentation", and have it lead to an index page that lists something like.
Reference
Howtos
Burrow
Validator
etc.

I think only "Success stories" and the two articles under "General" will not fit in this, but they can easily go somewhere else.

After the above, I'm not even sure it makes sense to have the Github Wiki.

/Oskar

Alexander Zaytsev

Dec 14, 2014, 7:09:46 PM12/14/14
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
Nice work, Oskar!

Oskar Berggren

Dec 24, 2014, 1:23:28 PM12/24/14
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
The new site is now available under www.nhibernate.info.

Some wiki articles remain to be converted, I have done them part-way
and will complete them after the holidays.

I'll speak with Dario about the nhforge site.

/Oskar

Oskar Berggren

Dec 24, 2014, 1:24:47 PM12/24/14
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
There should be a slight rebranding of the header also.

/Oskar

Alexander Zaytsev

Dec 25, 2014, 4:48:19 PM12/25/14
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
Great work, Oskar!

Can we please organize redirection from nhforge.org to nhibernate.info? And make old.nhibernate.info?

Best Regards,
Alexander

Oskar Berggren

Dec 26, 2014, 7:36:33 AM12/26/14
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com

Something like that at least, I'll see what we can do. We should definitely have some redirect, but I worry that the old server is hard to manage and I'm not sure how long we can keep it around. I do have a sort of complete download of what ever I could grab from the site, which I can make available somewhere.

/Oskar