Failing tests on Oracle32

Oskar Berggren

Nov 20, 2016, 6:01:09 AM11/20/16
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What do we know about the (currently unexpected) failing tests on Oracle32?

https://teamcity.jetbrains.com/viewLog.html?buildId=927043&tab=buildResultsDiv&buildTypeId=bt873

Have something been broken, or are they flaky tests that have accidentally been marked as successful when the expected results were updated for some other reason?

https://teamcity.jetbrains.com/repository/download/bt873/927043:id/NHibernate-4.1.0.Alpha1-debug/bin/net-4.0/test-results/Comparison.txt

/Oskar

Alexander Zaytsev

Nov 20, 2016, 4:11:09 PM11/20/16
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
It's something with DTC, but I don't have enough knowledge to fix that.

I think what happens is DTC trying to pickup the distributed transaction from previous test case and so it fails.

Best Regards,
Alexander
--

---

Ricardo Peres

Nov 21, 2016, 6:17:16 AM11/21/16
to nhibernate-development
Not sure if it's related, but there's a setting for Oracle to not promote a transaction to distributed, therefore not using DTC. It's Enlist=false, or something.
I had problems in the past and wrote a blog post about it: https://weblogs.asp.net/ricardoperes/using-transactionscope-with-odp-net.
Sorry if it has nothing to do.

RP

Oskar Berggren

Nov 21, 2016, 6:20:51 AM11/21/16
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
Ricardo, if you are able to submit a test PR with that change we can see if it makes a difference.

--

---

Ricardo Peres

Nov 21, 2016, 6:30:19 AM11/21/16
to nhibernate-development
I'll try.

RP

Alexander Zaytsev

Nov 21, 2016, 5:59:01 PM11/21/16
to nhibernate-development
I made #532. It solved the transaction rolled back issues. There are some other. I'll look into them.

But, do we really want "Enlist=False"?

Thanks Ricardo!

Best Regards,
Alexander
On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 at 12:30 AM, Ricardo Peres <rjp...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll try.

RP

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 11:20:51 AM UTC, Oskar Berggren wrote:
Ricardo, if you are able to submit a test PR with that change we can see if it makes a difference.
Not sure if it's related, but there's a setting for Oracle to not promote a transaction to distributed, therefore not using DTC. It's Enlist=false, or something.
I had problems in the past and wrote a blog post about it: https://weblogs.asp.net/ricardoperes/using-transactionscope-with-odp-net.
Sorry if it has nothing to do.

RP

--

---

---

Oskar Berggren

Alexander Zaytsev

Nov 22, 2016, 3:51:06 AM11/22/16
to nhibernate-development
I'm experimenting. The Enlist=False did the trick, but we get no DTC at all insted, which is not acceptable.

I dont know where this closed/rolled back transaction is comming from though.

Best Regards,
Alexander

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 9:46 PM, Oskar Berggren <oskar.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Alexander Zaytsev

Nov 22, 2016, 9:00:04 PM11/22/16
to nhibernate-development
I've nailed it down it seems. There was a transaction leak through DistributedTransactionContext.AmbientTransaction property

It seems that Oracle unmanaged provider is a good indicator of these transaction leaks. Currently I have only 2 tests failing because of "transaction rolled back" which I think I will solve shortly.

Please see #489 for details.

Best Regards,
Alexander
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to nhibernate-develo...@googlegroups.com.

---

---

---

Oskar Berggren

Nov 22, 2016, 9:35:42 PM11/22/16
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
Nice work!

It was a while since I last looked at AdoNetWithDistributedTransactionFactory, but I know it's been buggy a long time. IIRC, it seems to have been written under the mistaken belief that the
TransactionCompleted event occurs synchronously (on the thread "owning" the session and transactionscope).

---

---

---

---

Alexander Zaytsev

Nov 22, 2016, 10:17:45 PM11/22/16
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
No, it is not fixed:( This was an accident. I re-run the build from the same check in and there are failing tests.

Best Regards,
Alexander
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to nhibernate-develo...@googlegroups.com.

---

---

---

---

---

Ricardo Peres

Nov 23, 2016, 7:16:08 AM11/23/16
to nhibernate-development
IMO, the problems around transactions and TransactionScope (not just Oracle) are probably the most serious ones we have at the moment.
TransactionScope is the standard and people expect it to work...

RP