Re: [nhibernate-development] Does a StateObjectStateException invalidate the second level cache

Message has been deleted

Stephen Bohlen

Dec 9, 2014, 5:37:03 PM12/9/14
to nhibernate-development
This group focuses on the development *of* NHibernate rather than development *with* NHibernate.  Please direct this question to the NHUSERS group at http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers.

Cheers,

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Dennis Doomen <dennis...@avivasolutions.nl> wrote:
Suppose I use an in-process 2nd level cache in a web farm, and one of the servers attempts to update an object from that same cache while the server has already updated that object in the background. Now suppose we use optimistic concurrency using a version column and the update causes a StaleObjectStateException. Does that automatically invalidate the second level cache? In other words, if I would retry the entire operation using a new session, would it load the actual entity from the database the second time?

--

---