Recent compilation warnings with NHibernate.csproj

frederic...@free.fr

Feb 23, 2017, 2:15:38 PM2/23/17
to nhibernate-development
Hello,
Some compilation warnings recently appeared when compiling NHibernate.csproj, at least with my setup.
warning AC0105: no lexer rule corresponding to token: someToken

This looks related to NH-3945 and the commit Build Antlr3 grammars using MsBuild target.
So, they are probably "old" warnings which were not showing up in VS because they are in sources previously compiled without using MSBuild.

I have no knowledge of Antlr grammar and do not plan to try fixing them myself currently.

It looks like NHibernate.csproj was free of any warning. I think this is a good policy. So I hope someone will tackle those new warnings soon.

Maybe this has happen due to those new warnings having slipped in unnoticed. Indeed, when compiling the solution, more than hundred warning are issued by the test project, which hinder seeing new ones in other projects.

Is there a good reason for not solving those test compilation warnings?
If no, I will probably create a task for this in Jira and start solving them. And then, maybe should the test project be configured to fail on warnings with some build configuration team city will check, in order to prevent new "quick&dirty" tests adding new warnings.
(Main reason I imagine for not curating those test warnings: fearing that fixing them may cause some tests to more actually test what they were supposed to, causing them to no more be able of spotting regressions.)

Frédéric.