Is NHibernate dead?

Paul james

Dec 7, 2015, 11:36:15 AM12/7/15
to nhibernate-development
Just curious about the actual nhibernate status...
It seems that NHibernate development completely stopped...

Thanks

Gunnar Liljas

Dec 7, 2015, 11:45:50 AM12/7/15
to nhibernate-development
Not quite.

Still, it would be nice to see a more focused and delegated development. Kudos to especially Oskar and Alexander for all the work they're putting in, but there's no direction.

I think there's quite a few of us who'd like to help more, and perhaps not just fix bugs and add complexity, but actually move things forward. A monthly Hangout meeting perhaps?

/G

--

---

haz...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2015, 4:03:00 PM12/7/15
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
Just need more fresh blood👹.

I have some direction, but 4.1 holds me down. I want to release it first, before we can move forward to version 5 and more granular development.

Best Regards,
Alexander

Gunnar Liljas

Dec 7, 2015, 4:42:42 PM12/7/15
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
Ok! If there is anything I CSN do to help, if only a bit of feedback, don't hesitate to ask.

/g

Oskar Berggren

Dec 7, 2015, 4:47:19 PM12/7/15
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
I personally have unfortunately been extremely busy with my regular work this year. Still hoping that will change to a more maintainable level.

/Oskar

Ricardo Peres

Dec 8, 2015, 3:56:12 AM12/8/15
to nhibernate-development
That's true, there hasn't been much progress, but there are lots of outstanding pull requests. I think we - the community - should decide where we are going, priorities, and maybe assign tasks, like, review pull requests associated with X.

RP

Gunnar Liljas

Dec 8, 2015, 9:39:00 AM12/8/15
to nhibernate-development
I agree!

That's true, there hasn't been much progress, but there are lots of outstanding pull requests. I think we - the community - should decide where we are going, priorities, and maybe assign tasks, like, review pull requests associated with X.

RP

John T

Jan 14, 2016, 7:47:24 AM1/14/16
to nhibernate-development
Might as well be. Stuff that was merged to master in early 2014 still hasn't been released.