Transaction scopes issues.

Frédéric Delaporte

May 15, 2017, 2:29:54 PM5/15/17
to nhibernate-development
Since we have a bunch of issues with transaction scopes, some being there for years, a rework of transaction handling in NHibernate seems required.

I have written a meta Jira for this.

In this Jira, I write statements about NHibernate current state, then Hibernate current state. These are followed by some additional considerations I had preferred to put later for avoiding complicating too much the two first sections.

Then I propose some solutions, I finally I give what is my vision for fixing all that. This includes breaking changes.

I may start some prerequisites (listed in the Jira in the last comment) without waiting for feedback, since they would probably not be breaking changes.

I may cross-post to user list later on, but I would like first to have NHibernate team feedback.