Keene area Harrier and ducks

Joshua Jarvis

Nov 28, 2015, 7:12:30 PM11/28/15
to nhb...@googlegroups.com
By Wilson Pond in Swanzey I saw Buffleheads and Hooded Mergansers today. At the airport I saw a Harrier fly low over the open marshy ground running by the airport proper on the trail the goes beyond the wastewater treatment gate.

In Keene itself I saw what was most likely a sharp shinned hawk on a street light at the rat 9, 10, 12 circle near Walmart. It was getting towards evening and the bird was silhouetted against the overcast sky. But as bluejay sized raptors with long thin tails go I assume a sharp shin is more likely than a kestrel and wish I saw it in better light.