Seabird trip on Monday from Newburyport

David Larson

Jul 22, 2016, 10:17:12 AM7/22/16
to New Hampshire Birds, MASSBIRD

Seabirders,

  Yes indeed folks, we start our summer seabird trips out of Newburyport, MA, on Monday. I will narrate bird sightings. This is a seabird trip, not a whale-watch (well, we will stop for whales if there are birds with them.)

  Trips run from 9 am to 3 pm (6 hours) aboard a boat from the Captain’s Lady fleet (number of signups determines which boat). We will head out to Jeffreys Ledge or Stellwagen Bank or wherever the best birds are to be found. We will look for storm-petrels, shearwaters, jaegers, terns, gulls, gannets, and who knows what else!

  Trip dates are July 25, August 15, and September 19. All registrations are through Newburyport Whale Watch at 800-848-1111. Don’t dally, sign up right now before you forget and I’ll see you on the water….

Dave

David M. Larson, Ph.D., Science and Education Coordinator
Joppa Flats Education Center, Mass Audubon, P.O. Box 1558, Newburyport, Ma  01950
Telephone:  (978) 462-9998      E-mail:  dla...@massaudubon.org