A few Rye birds

Rebecca Suomala

Jan 21, 2018, 8:13:47 PM1/21/18
to nhbirds

Kathryn and Roger Friedan and I scouted in Rye this morning in preparation for the Twitchers in the Rye's Superbowl next weekend. We were primarily checking inland locations. We found a few nice birds not yet reported by others.

Pine Warbler and Purple Finch coming to a feeder at #261 Sagamore Rd. For the old timers, this is the same house where there was a chat quite a few years ago. Traffic is tough here so it's best to find a place to park and walk to the feeder.

Field Sparrow at the old airfield at the end of Airport Rd.

We also had Purple Sandpipers and a Red-throated Loon off Rye Harbor and I saw the Red-shouldered on Rt. 101 that Steve Mirick mentioned.

Good luck to all the Superbowl teams!

Becky Suomala, Concord