Glossy Ibises in Kingston

Scott Heron

Jul 22, 2016, 9:26:44 AM7/22/16
to nhb...@googlegroups.com
While checking on the loon pair on Great Pond, I saw a flock of 14 Glossy Ibises flying north over the pond. They never touched down and eventually flew out of sight. This is my first glimpse of Glossy Ibis in Kingston.

A note on the loon pair: I thought for sure we'd have a chick this year, but no such luck. At least two adults have been present and very vocal since April. Evy Nathan and I received a report of an adult with one chick spotted near Camp Lincoln early this week. When I followed up, I only found the pair sans offspring.

Scott Heron
Kingston, NH